Photobucket

Friday, January 27, 2012

ORGANIZATION, What is it?

Ok, so I though this might be a sufficient and interesting topic for the end of January, more like an amusing topic.

Organization, the formal definition is:

a : the act or process of organizing or of being organized b : the condition or manner of being organized.
 
That doesn't mean too much to me, because it is something I am not. So let's try organize.
 
: to arrange by systematic planning and united effort.
 
Ahhhhh, is that it? I am now on the floor laughing,

I can plan all that I want to and arrange all that I want to, but it never fails, as soon as I work, it is gone. I love being organized and reaching in a drawer and finding exactly what I wanted, or opening a notebook and finding the exact pattern that I wanted. But then it starts, the pile of patterns in the corner of the desk, 15 books in a pile because I can't decide which one I want, the pattern that I know I traced and now cannot find. And where did the pencil go, where is the graphite even though I know I put it in that drawer. And where did that plaque go that I base coated six months ago?
 
Then I decide it is time to, again, for the 10th time in the last month, organize the paint and move the clutter off the desk, and gee, look what I find.
 
Yup, hiding under all those piles of stuff I intended to paint and never got around to.

I have discovered something about myself, I must have attention deficit because as soon as I dream up something new to paint, I always manage to forget what I was painting. So a bad habit I must break. A new one to start,  keeping a journal on the desk, so when I dream up new stuff, as I am painting stuff already, I can write it down instead of trying to start it. The next thing I have to do is figure out how to store already traced patterns, because I haven't discovered a simple way yet, nothing works, not notebooks, folders, sheet protectors, nothing! I still pile them all over and lose them.

So your version of organization is........
And is it even possible?

I hope January has passed pleasantly for you. Time is certainly flying and before I know it I will be going to the beach. 

Share your organizing skills with us all, maybe we can learn something helpful today.


3 comments:

  1. Great words to live by!! I will try too!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris, an ongoing effort for me, but one day I will succeed! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to organize but it seems to be a lost cause! Lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and suggestions, thanks for sharing with me.